Monday, October 21, 2013

Back on Track -Week 2

Week 2 of my 12 week back on track journey. This is been a great week. I have stuck with eating whole and fresh foods. We only went out to eat once this week, and it was on my free day.

Day 8: Good lower body workout. My knees were crunching a little more today on the leg extensions but nothing too bad. I know it will work itself out.
The standing calf raises were a little tough to get through this morning. The glutes and calfs were burning good!

DAY 9: I did very well today on writing my daily goals. This is something that I really need to work at. I can visualize my goals but you really need to write them down to stick with them. Lots of Turkey chicken and veggies today. I am Feeling very energized and motivated.
I started using my new polar watch today to keep track of my heart rate. I did a 2 mile run this morning with a steady heart rate of 177 and a max at 192. According to the polar watch I burned 361 calories. My feet did very well today concidering I am still going through the healing process of inflamed nerves in one foot.

DAY 10: Upper body workout this morning at the gym. I'm still sore from Mondays killer leg workout.  Eating was still pretty good, just not enough.

DAY 11, 12 & 13: I did a long run with body weight exercised incorporated and Polar says I burned 445 calories.  Replenished with a great salad topped with smoked turkey and hard boiled eggs. Took a little while to get the lower body loosened up from my workout 2 days ago. I can really tell this new plan of action is working for me.

DAY 14: FREE DAY! I wasn't too bad today. We did go out to eat at Fort Myers Ale House for lunch, I did splurge a little and had some cheese and sour cream on my chicken fajitas.  But not nearly as much as a few years ago. I still had leftovers on the plate. Back in the day I would have asked for more cheese and sour cream. Tried a couple of Darryls french fries and a bite of buffalo chicken and it really didn't taste good at all. Once you commit to eating clean it doesn't take long to lose the urge for bad food. Especially after you do try it again it really isn't worth it.

Untill next week. Stay strong,  write down your goals and stick with your plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment